Work Cover Claims

If you have suffered an employment related injury within QLD – you may be entitled to claim for work cover.  At ROC Legal, our role is to assist you in this process and provide expert legal advice to assist you with your work cover claim. While each situation is unique, there are strict time limits that apply to work cover claims and your right to pursue damages. Whether your injury was slight or extremely damaging – get in touch with ROC Legal today for expert opinion on your matter.

When you have experienced the following accidents and are concerned about your future ability to return to work, you need to immediately contact our team for advice.

  • Spinal Injuries
  • Head Trauma
  • Bone breaks or fractures
  • Soft Tissue injuries
  • Shock, anxiety or depression
  • Respiratory Illness
  • Eye injuries
  • Injuries obtained from work travel
  • Pre-existing conditions that may have amplified from work related situations
  • Disease caused by work environments

Work cover can assist with immediate medical expenses including surgery, any travel expense, rehabilitation costs and pharmaceutical costs, as well as provide a portion of your normal weekly salary while you recover. It’s important to contact as soon as possible for an assessment of your work cover claim as time limits and specific conditions are applicable.

Expert Advice for WorkCover Claims and Compensation

ROC Legal are an experienced team of solicitors who provide expert advice on WorkCover claims and can best advise how to proceed.  When you partner with the ROC Legal team, you’re receiving years and years of professional experience to resolve your matter and quality representation to give you peace of mind.

ROC Legal

What Should You Do in the Event of Experiencing Injuries at Work?

  • Seek legal advice on your situation
  • Ensure to keep a record of events, notes, medical records and incident records
  • Maintain notes and witness testimonials

Seek professional medical care as soon as possible after the injury occurs

Frequently Asked Questions

Often defined as a breach in the employers’ duty of care – negligence results in injuries obtained by defective equipment and inadequate training. Negligence is complex in nature and needs to be determined by a lawyer. Even if you may think you are at fault for an accident, it is the employers’ duty to maintain a safe work environment, so negligence between two parties is possible.

Employees that are classified as full-time, part-time, casual, permanent and self-employed workers are eligible to make WorkCover claims.

Yes. Any employee that has been injured at their workplace are entitled to submit a WorkCover claim. Time limits do apply, and you have up to six months to submit a claim form to WorkCover.

What NOT to Do in the Event of Experiencing Injuries at Work?

      X Fail to seek professional medical care after your injury

       X Don’t keep any records or file incident reports to your employer

       X Continue working if it puts you at risk for further injuries


If you have been injured at work and believe you have a WorkCover claim, then it is essential you contact the team at ROC Legal for professional advice. Whatever your situation or injury, it’s important that the first step you take is to receive professional medical care, followed by seeking legal advice so you fully know your rights.

The ROC Legal Point of Difference

We specialise in compensation law, and we’d love to help you with your compensation claim and get your life back on track. Working through a compensation claim can be tough, but when you have ROC Legal on your side, the whole process is smooth. We’re a boutique firm who treat every client with respect, courtesy and care, but we’re big enough to be able to handle even the most complex of claims and compensation issues. 

We’re compensation legal experts, and we’re waiting to take your call. Get in touch with the legal professionals who care at ROC Legal on 1300 196 219

Get the Care and Attention You Need with ROC Legal

If you are curious about the process involved in motor vehicle incident claims or would like some more information on how best to proceed with a compensation claim, we can help. 

Our boutique firm means that you will always get personalised, one-on-one service from people who know your concerns and who are happy to help. Our motor vehicle accident lawyers are on hand to answer your questions and will work with you to offer support and guidance for your particular situation, standing by your side during what can be a potentially difficult time. 

Request a Free Consultation

Request a Call Back

Leave us your details and we’ll call you back
Our business hours are 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday

Call Now ButtonCall Now